Wednesday, July 22, 2015

week 8 - looking for those "God - slapped- us- in-the-face" moments



 Great Falls take 2



 Transfer calls last night!! Sister Adair and I are staying here in
Great Falls!! We're super happy cause the work is picking up even more
and we just LOVE the people were working with! Our district is the BEST!!



This is Sister Hickman from the Overlook Ward….all the missionaries take pictures with Freddie the Fox….its “Tradition”!!

Cool miracle this week! K (from 4th of July) just got baptized last month. He was meeting with the missionaries for 7 MONTHS before he finally decided he could take that step. He thinks things thru. So K comes to church every week but has never in his life stayed for priesthood. He is nervous about getting the priesthood so he doesn't want to go. We had a lesson with him about the priesthood and the spirit was Incredible. We really talked about what the priesthood is and how it's used to bless others. We talked about how we don't have to be PERFECT.. To be honest I don't even remember everything that was said, but I remember the Spirit that was there. And I think that's how we know that the spirit was the one doing the teaching.
We invited him to commit to staying the full 3 hours for priesthood. Then later in the week he texted and said he had a "God-slapped-me-in-the-face-story" to tell us.  He had decided the challenge was too hard. Then he was walking home from work and there were these 2 cars racing down the street. Right before they got to him a ball bounced from the day care he was walking past into the street and a little girl ran after it. He grabbed her right before
the cars flew past then he went out to get the ball. He looked at the
ball and saw what name was written on it and looked up and said to God
"Really?! Fine I'll go to priesthood!”
Kirby told me that the name on the ball was "Hodgson" and as soon as he saw that, he knew God was telling him the priesthood was important and something he needed to work toward. Something so simple but it really spoke to Kirby and that is exactly what he needed. Its incredible to see how God guides us. I think we've all had "God-slapped-us-in-the-face-stories" and it's just Incredible to know how much God knows each of us personally. He knows
us by name. He knows our strengths, our weaknesses, our fears, our hopes, what we need help with and when we need a kick to get us moving and becoming the person He needs us to be.

We had exchanges this week with the sister training leaders. I got to go to Helena with Sister Rasmussen for Friday and  spend the night. It was the best!! I've been feeling a little off because I KNOW we could be bearing testimony more! I learned so much about just putting EVERYTHING out there. We were able ask questions, talk with those we met and really testify of how the message of this gospel is unique!  When sister Adair and I were back together we went tracting. And man oh man it was the best ever!! Holy cow I love tracting.

Speaking of COWS…there are quite a lot of them here in MONTANA!











Some amazing blessings this week:
 We met with Sister U from Overlook Ward. Her 15 year old sister has been coming to church to so we will get to help her learn more about what we believe.
We got a phone call from an older man named S. He called and left
a message and said "Ahh it's the missionaries. IM SO EXCITED TO
FINALLY FIND YOUR NUMBER! Please call me back as soon as you get this and we can talk! I've read the Book of Mormon over and over and know it's
true! I need this in my life." He's amazing. R and DL are coming to church with their children now and Loving it!!

Wow. God is incredible
He puts us all where we need to be! My companion and I have had some GREAT talks and we both really are appreciating what we learning from each other. Our strengths and weaknesses complement each other.  Companions are a whole other blessing from the mission.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! I miss you like crazy but I pray for you every morning and night.  Even through the crazy times we learn, stretch and grow! We take those times and do our best to become better missionaries, better people and better children of God. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us. It's so Incredible how much they trust us. Watch for those times where God "slaps you in the face" and learn from those. And watch for the miracles in life because I can promise you they are everywhere.

LOVE YOU!!
W/<3
Sister Hodgson

No comments:

Post a Comment