Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Week 25- warning- watch out for BEARSpray



 
Holy cow.  How is it already almost thanksgiving?!  Wow.  #1- Eat lots for me!!!  And #2- Pray for Sister Rasmussen and I!!  We have a few different thanksgiving dinners we're going to....we'll have to work out how to fit all this in our tummies.  Gotta love missions though!

Because of Thanksgiving , transfers are next MONDAY!!  Eek.  This transfer went WAY too fast.  Keep in your prayers that Sister Rasmussen and I will stay together!!
Haha just kidding.  It's all the Lords work.  But really though;)

So this week was full of SOOO much! So many mixed emotions and so many questions asked and answered.  We had 2 more exchanges this week so that was fun.  We sometimes spend HOURS in the car each week; on exchanges and doing reports for president and in meetings and
everything and all this amazing stuff!  It's AWESOME and I'm learning
SOOO much!!  But I kinda feel like we literally don't have TIME to do
some of the things we want to do for the work in this area!  But we're
learning how to balance it all out between the technical stuff,and the service and teaching we love to do.

Two sisters that we have been working with came to church and it was neat to see how they loved what they felt and they testified of the joy of coming to worship.

We have been trying to get to meet with the S family but they are NEVER home (Sister Rasmussen has been trying for 5 months.)  Last night we had some finding time and were planning on visiting another family, but we were prompted to go visit the S family.  We went by and THEY WERE THERE!!!!!   And the LET US IN!!!!!  Sister S let us in and her daughter sat in for the lesson too!!!  Gahh it's was great.  We talked all about the Sacrament
and the Atonement and the Spirit was so strong.  The Lord definitely
guides His servants to where He needs them to be.  It was a good little miracle.
 
Well this weekend was crazy!  We had the BYU Young Ambassadors come in town!  It was a big thing, for MONTHS there have been fliers and things. Us missionaries were asked to be ushers.  We were planning on leaving as soon as the show started.  Then they said we could stay and watch the show!!  WHAT?!
Funny thing, the theme was “Heartstrings-Melodies of LOVE”.  Haha so yea. A bunch of missionaries sat and watched that.  Haha  It was really well done though!  They had Frankie Vallie songs, Michael Jackson, Michael Buble, radio songs, etc.  It was great!  To be completely honest it was a little weird to sit there and do NOTHING for an hour and a half and have wordly songs and all that lovey stuff;) Hahahaaha But we got to meet lots of great people so that was fun.


And to make things even more fun it was stake conference this week!!  So President and Sister Wadsworth were there!  And Elder Carden, a member of the 70.  Stake Conference was awesome!  It was focused on Councils-Ward and Family and all kinds.  It's so true.  The Lords
kingdom is run by councils.  From the very beginning we had examples of
councils in the pre-earth life and forever.  And that's exactly how we
do things now.  I'm so grateful to grow up in a family where we had
regular family councils!   We didn't always refer to them as "councils", but  we made decisions as a family.  We talked together, worked things out, learn and grew together.  This is the Lords way of doing things.  It was an awesome stake conference!!

OKAY!  But now for an explanation of the title.  Sooo....I think in order to fully appreciate what happened we need a quick story from last preparation day.  Sister Rasmussen and I went out exploring our little cabin area.  We went to go see the tracks that had been left
by the animals around our cabin.   While we were out there we snapped a few pictures. Sister Rasmussen had said a few times she heard something and thought it was a bear or something...I hadn't heard anything yet so we kept going.  The people whose home we
stay in- told us they see bears and stuff often so to carry bear spray.  So as I'm taking a picture of sister Rasmussen, we definitely hear a branch snap.  We look over just in time to hear this GROWL and to see a HUGE BROWNISH TAN ANIMAL RUN DOWN THE  MOUNTAIN!!  About 20 feet away from us!  Holy cow.  Sister Rasmussen with her lightning fast reflexes grabs the bear spray and BOOKS it into the house!  So I clued in and ran inside after her. Haha  Anyway, it was terrifying.  It was definitely a cougar or a bobcat or a mountain lion or some thing from what the people in our Ward have been saying.

So anyway.  We've been carrying bear spray really diligentlyl. Haha  So then this Friday was an eventful night!  We were on our way home from the Young Ambassadors performance as we pull into the garage, Sister Rasmussen is getting something out of the trunk and I reach to gab the bear spray before I get out of the car.  It was stuck in the door cubby so I pulled it hard to get it out.  Bad idea. The bear spray hits the car door and goes off!  It sprayed ALL OVER my hand and sprayed backward into my face, eyes and mouth.  It was paralyzing!  Oh gosh.  And burned like no other.  Poor Sister Rasmussen just hears me coughing and gagging and telling her to run!  We ran out of the garage away from the spray, it was seriously like a movie it was ridiculous.  By this point, Sister Rasmussen had gotten some her throat too and was coughing too.  We come barreling out of the garage and I just flung myself onto the snow cause it burned so bad. Let me tell you.  Longest night of my life.  I spent HOURS washing my hands and my face and trying to get it out of my eyes and mouth.  Not gonna lie I was a little panicked.  And we couldn't go anywhere in the car cause it was SOOO strongly bear sprayed.  So we called a few nurses or doctors from the ward and President and Sister Wadsworth but NO ONE answered. (well sweet Sister Rasmussen called, I was just shoving snow on my face and hands to make it not burn haha)  We finally didn't know who else to call so we called the zone leaders because they live with President Bingham and we couldn't get ahold of him.  To make things even better, Elder Carden, the General authority was staying at the Binghams so he heard the WHOLE STORY.  Oh gosh. Haha  Anyway, it was a long night. Haha  Sister Rasmussen said we need to go to the E.R. but we couldn't drive the car.  Haha  Yea it was rough.  President Bingham had an ER doctor from 5th Ward call us and he told us to soak it in milk.  So we did.  Yea didn't help! Haha  All in all, I was up till about 4:30 that night washing and soaking my hand and face.

ANYWAY sorry for the eternally long stories and email!  But it was definitely one for the books. Haha   Saturday and Sunday were better.  My hands and face were still a little swollen but lots better!  Still burned a bit and still coughing a bit up but doing lots better!  The zone leaders gave me a blessing yesterday.   Can I just say that it was a huge testimony that  blessings come from our Heavenly Father.  There were things said in the blessing that I haven't really told anyone I've been struggling with but that my Heavenly Father knew.  The Priesthood power is real and what a blessing that we have access to it in our lives.

All in all it was a crazy week.  I LOVE my mission.  I can't even describe how much I love serving the Lord in this work.  Don't get me wrong, it's tough!  But the tough times are completely overshadowed by the good times. I love it I love it!! 
 
I LOVE you family and I miss you every day!!  But I also love Helena and know it's where I need to be right now.   I love you soo much!!  Work hard, pray always and love much!

W/<3
Sister Hodgson



Seeing Sister Crossland again was the BEST!!!  Some pics from our exchanges.








No comments:

Post a Comment