Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Week 22- moving !



Sorry, not much of a letter today! Things are so crazy, I promise I'll be better next week! We've been cleaning ALL DAY so we can move out...it's been crazy and we can't really send email from home....
I love you guys, Sister Hodgson

YEP...that was all we got for a "letter".........She was able to answer a few questions we had asked in an email....so I shared some of that :)

Tell us about your comp:
Sister Brielle Rasmussen!  She's from American Fork Utah!  She went to UVU before coming out on her mission.  She is THE BEST!  We have so much fun together!  It's going to be an awesome transfer.  Sister Rasmussen and I have made some really awesome goals for this transfer and with the Lord we can learn and grow and accomplish those things and learn from it and hasten the work!!  Because that's what we're here for.  It doesn't matter much that i feel awkward or inadequate, it matters that the Lord's work continues and it WILL!

So are you liking Helena?:
Yea it's beautiful!!  Lots of history.  We are going on  a tour of the big Cathedral today!!  Super pretty and fun downtown.  The work is going to be SO different here than in Great Falls but I'm so excited to learn more.

What does a typical day look like? 
The days look pretty much the same except for Sundays....haha Sundays, we have church and meetings STRAIGHT, like one after the other from. 7:30am-4:30. Haha it's insane...but it's good!  Keep us moving!! 

How are the Sister Training  meetings going?
SO INTIMIDATING! Haha we meet with President Bingham (our stake president) and the high counselors and the zone leaders every other week to discuss the work and the wards and the missionaries.  But as I'm getting to know the people and the area more it's easier to speak up.  It's just weird coming from an area where every name sounded familiar and I knew lots of people to coming here where I know nothing! Hahah  But it's so awesome cause it makes me learn fast!! 

 






 








 


How have you seen Gods hand calm and/or lead you this week?
Oh goodness.  Every day.  He truly is there for all of His children.  It's honestly been kinda stressful with new responsibilities and new area, new missionaries, etc., but Sister Rasmussen has been feeling it a bit too.  So the first night we sat down and prayerfully got down some goals that we both want to work on so we can help each other.  We found some scriptures that we are memorizing as a companionship and we pray.  A lot.  It's so funny how prayer just becomes a part of decision making! Haha  Like, often people sit and think about pros and cons and the decide.  As missionaries we  have learned to write down the options and the first thing we do is pray about it and pray for guidance!  Then we think about pros and cons, and logistics and stuff. Then we listen for promptings and watch for feelings. Then we decide. Then pray again for confirmation.  Literally, we don't do something unless we feel God's hand leading us.  It's such an amazing blessing to know how much God cares!  Even about the little things that we don't think would matter to Him. I've never felt so nervous and stressed constantly but I've also never received the peace and comfort that I do as soon as I start trusting the Lord and doing those hard things with Him.  Wow. Missions are HARD.  But even after just this short amount of time, I can't imagine my life without my mission.

Best and worst part of the week?
I think the worst was the stress.  Us and the zone leaders and the stake president have been doing training.  On Monday we had a zone breakfast at President Binghams house, I swear, I always learn WAY more in the training we do than those who are listening.  I was super nervous about it. ---I don't like to stand in front of people and give them advice on how to do missionary work!!!  Especially because I've been out way shorter than all of them except for the 2 new missionaries. --But I suppose that's why we teach by the spirit!  I know that anything "right" that comes out of our mouths isn't us-it's the Spirit.  And that's what makes it okay.  We also had mission leadership training so we got together with a few other zones and President and Sister Wadsworth came up and we did training...STRESS! Haha   But D&C 11:20-21 helps.  We first have to obtain the Lords word before we go about declaring it!  So preparation and the Spirit are real things. Haha

Best was Sunday I think.  I've been gaining a stronger testimony of he importance of the sacrament.  Although Sunday is the craziest day of the week, I can't wait for Sunday's because I know that's when I can partake of the sacrament and renew the covenants I've made. Gosh it's the best feeling to take the sacrament!

No comments:

Post a Comment