Monday, December 21, 2015

WEEK 30- A savior is Born- Merry Christmas!!



 
Holy cow what a week!  Can I just say how much I love this Christmas season? The lights, the people, hymns, the testimonies, and this year for the first time THE SNOW. Haha it's definitely an adventure! But holy cow is it beautiful....haha it's so cold though! I mean, I've been in snow before...but this stuff like freezes your patootie off!
 

Haha it's definitely been an adventure!  Can I just say.... Sister Hodgson does not know how to walk on the ice...haha I've definitely taken my fair share of spills! But only a few bruises...haha but wow. Christmas time is the best. I'm SO grateful for the wonderful people here in the Helena 1st and 3rd wards. They are amazing and truly a home and family always from home and family! 


 
Family: thanks for the great package! PJs and Hot chocolate were enjoyed....

 


















So this week was a little insane...we had exchanges in Great Falls and we have 2 sets of sisters up there and because the roads were so bad we couldn't really do good exchanges driving all day so we went and stayed in Great Falls for a day. Sister Rasmussen went with
one set of sisters and I went with the other. It was so great and those sisters are amazing! I loved going around with them being able to share all 3 of our testimonies of the Savior and feel the power that comes from these amazing sisters. Then we went back to
Helena...the drive was long and icy..lots of prayers were said!  The sisters from Shelby came up to Helena the day before the zone conference so we got to spend a day with them. And then Zone conference happened.

Christmas zone conference is the best. No doubt. We had he spiritual part and then we were eating lunch after the conference and President Wadsworth runs in the room jumping up and down, waving his hands yelling "SANTA!! SANTAS COMING!!!!!!" Haha he had us all song jingle bells so Santa could know where we all were.  They had a slideshow of pictures of all of us missionaries from past Christmases...It was an awesome conference

 
As fun as it was seeing Santa and singing Christmas songs, the first part of the zone conference was definitely the best. So the week before, President and Sister Wadsworth asked each missionary to
prepare a 3 minute talk on how the atonement has impacted our mission and be prepared to share it. Can I just say, I have LOVED taking the time this last week or so to ponder the atonement and see how my testimony of our Savior's sacrifice has grown so much just these past 7 months....I definitely had a testimony of the atonement before my mission. Without it, I wouldn't be here! But being out here has made it grow so much more...I have definitely needed it here on my mission more than I ever have. I have felt the weakest I ever have but I have also felt the most love and strength than ever before in my life.  I REALLY needed this week !!

 I have been gaining a stronger relationship with Him and love Him with all my heart. I love you my sweet family! I miss you! I'm so excited to talk to you on Friday!! And I want you to know how much I love being here in Montana. Going on a mission has been one of, if not the best decision I've made in my life.  Please, never waste an opportunity to bear your testimony if the Savior, His birth and His atonement. You never know who it strengthens. LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!!
 
Work hard, pray always and love much!!

W/<3
Sister Hodgson






No comments:

Post a Comment