Sunday, February 14, 2016

Week 37- Earthquakes, drunk people and Bearspray ...OH MY!



Well this was quite the eventful week! Haha so many random stories but
I'll try to help them all make sense haha.

I told you we had that Awesome STL conference But I forgot to send the picture.  These ladies are my heros and I am so blessed to work with them.

 

















Love these sisters!
Witwatersrand Wadsworth, Anderson, bell, Rammell, Freeman, Rasmussen,
me, Major and Moyer.


So Wednesday night this week, Sister Rasmussen and I were sound asleep
all snug in our beds...then for some reason I just woke up and just
stared at the ceiling for a bit...I looked at the clock and it was like
12:50 something...I was awake for a few minutes, then I just hear this
loud rumbling noise and then the house started to shake! Right then
Sister Rasmussen woke up and screamed a little Haha we had no clue
what was going on....it only lasted about 5-7 seconds then it
stopped...it didn't last super long but our picture frames and glasses
and stuff were shaking so that's exciting! Haha neither of us had
really been in an earthquake before so we weren't sure what it was!
Haha  We have had two since I got her to Helena now!  
We've been hearing from some members that about
every 50 years or so there's a MAJOR earthquake in Helena that
destroys a bunch of stuff....and guess what...this next one is
overdue! Wooho! It's been like 80 or so years since the last one so
people have been saying it's only a matter of time….nice!


Also, another fun fact...bear spray is potent and sticks to
EVERYTHING. We were in the car the other day and for some reason, who knows WHY but I was rubbing my hand on the side of the passenger seat
in the car....didn't think anything of it but then my eye had an itch so I rubbed my eye...bad idea. Haha holy cow that stuff is still powerful even MONTHS later! It must have still been in the seat fabric or something because it burned all over again.   We had a good laugh about it all....Only in Montana right




This week on Thursday we got a text from the people we live with.
Their daughter was coming into town so we were madly trying to find a place to
stay! And to make things even better, we had another exchange that night so we needed a place to fit 4
sisters...we were debating to see if we could live at the church for the next few days haha....but then the Bangerters are amazing and said we could live with them for a bit! They're awesome. And just to tell
you how awesome they are, the first day, they woke up at 5:00 and made homemade scones for us all so we could still eat and get to studies on time! Wow were spoiled. They're incredible.

One last crazy story....last night we were going to find a
referral a member gave to us that day at church. We pulled up to what we thought was the right address at the same time as another car...We figured it was the person who lived there...I'm totally thinking "wow!
miracles!!! The Lord took us here at just the right time!" Haha well just our luck, I parked right in the middle of a puddle....so we get
out and wave to the lady and stark walking super awkwardly toward her,
trying not to get muddy water in our church shoes...as we get close
enough, were about to start talking to her, she yells "stop right
there! Don't come any further! You are DRUNK. Get off my property
right now! I'm calling 911!" at this point I'm totally thinking "this
is MONTANA I bet she packs! Shes gona pull a gun and shoot us!" Haha
it was quite the interesting night! We're guessing we looked drunk
because we were walking weird trying to not step in the puddles..We
were able to calm her down a bit and  by the end of it we had a nice talk with her
Haha anyway, it was a fun night and we were dying laughing in the car after:


Haha well sorry this is so long (like a letter could ever be too long for her parents, hahah)
Just been an eventful week. But now for the real good stuff.  M and C. They're amazing.
She told us "Oh, and I heard Mormons don't drink coffee so I figured I'd
get started on it...got rid of  my coffee machine and haven't drank it
in 4 days!" Holy cow. Can you say prepared?! She is amazing. Things
are real tough with her divorce and jobs and kids and stuff but she
just pushes through!! She is on fire!
And then C.  She is amazing. She's had a wild past but is so ready to turn her life
around. She hasn't believed in God her whole life and she was raised
completely atheist. Oh my oh my. She said when she started coming to
church she felt something she's never felt before. She said a prayer
for the FIRST TIME to know if God was there and she said she can't
deny the answer she got and her feelings. She's been reading the Book
of Mormon daily!! She's like "I LOVE this book! I always have it with
me., I just love the feeling of having it near."
Holy cow.

It's amazing how the Lord works. Both Michelle and Courtney have met
missionaries before but it never went anywhere because they weren't
ready yet. It's incredible how the Lord prepares people and puts them
in our path. These two have strengthened my faith tremendously. I love
them dearly! Well, it's been a crazy busy week! But it's been lovely.
And guess what. There is SUNSHINE in Helena!!!!!! It's cold sunshine,
but it's there!!!! Haha tender mercies of the Lord

LOVE YOU FAMILY!! Thank you so much for all you do. I miss you tons!!
But love you even more.

W/<3
Sister Hodgson


 We went to our meetings and some had been moved...so we took a quick nap in the car with the great PET PILLOWS you sent
 us....THANKS















There's this famous sandwich place called "Staggering Ox"
it's like torpasta bread bun things but it's a sandwich. It's super
fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment